Just a place to do what the title suggests: vent where no one's looking! I will be writing random stuff on here, and I won't usually sound very angry. Just intrigued. I think.
Let the venting begin!

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Hunger games (yeah that's right, I'm following that trend)

...
So I watched the movie (if you're hoping for spoilers, go away right now cause they ain't gonna show up)
It was good, but the first muttation made me spray popcorn on my shirt.
Oh yes, and the injured/burned flesh recreations were good.
Disgusting and disturbing, but very realistic.
and the depiction of the inhabitants of the Capitol:
Wicked :D

Apparently loads of people are complaining about how Rue is black.
wth!?

You fricking cried over her in the book and now you're complaining the movie didn't do the thing properly?! Seriously?

I get that Katniss kept comparing her to Prim, but that doesn't mean they have to look alike.
They were both young, vulnerable (Prim more that Rue), named after plants(hehe), and they were both pure of heart. I don't think that has much to do with ethnicity, now does it? That's what hurt Katniss so much after Rue was injured (cough cough), becuase she felt like she had failed her sister.

I actually imagined that Rue would be African American when I was reading it
BEFORE anyone was casted for the movie.
Just to give you some perspective, Amandla Stenberg haters.

Oh yes, to anyone who has seen this blog more than once, I am now a distubed Night fury.
That right. A mentally disturbed Night Fury.

What would you do with your share of the Mega-million jackpot if you'd won?

Oh yeas and:
Something We Asians Got
That does not mean I'm asian.
just wanted to see an interesting reaction.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base" ~Dave Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment