Just a place to do what the title suggests: vent where no one's looking! I will be writing random stuff on here, and I won't usually sound very angry. Just intrigued. I think.
Let the venting begin!

Sunday, May 6, 2012

I am terrified of_______

I'll explain later.
  1. adults that have any direct authority over me; namely my parents and teachers
  2. spiders;the big hairy ones with multiple, beady eyes, especially if seen under a microscope
  3. red LEDs in the darkness
  4. myself
  5. all state sight reading
  6. FOUND by Margret Peterson Haddix
  7. The Oaken Throne by Robin Jarvis
  8. A slow painful death; usually deliberate torturing that involves the removal of essential organs
To the point of immobility.

Now for the explanations:
  1. Now I don't know how that one really happened, but my theory is that one of the many painfully embarrassing memories I happened to create in elementary school, probably involving one of my teachers, scarred me for life. That and my mom or dad gave me the chewing out of my life. So now, I am at the point of shying away from any sort of adult that can directly tell me to do something and expect me to obey. I don't enjoy being their vicinity, but the fear of my parents isn't enough to prevent me from being defiant.
  2. When I was in sixth grade, I took a microbiology elective, where we spent most of our time using a microscope. At one point in the quarter, someone found and caught a spider. Not a big one, mind you, but sufficiently hairy enough for me to keep my distance till they had it safely trapped between two Petri dishes. When someone had finally got it focused, most of the class crowded around for a look. when I finally found the courage to look into the eyepiece, I found eight shiny, black, and beady eyes placed on the top of something that resembled a brown dust bunny staring at me. Needless to say, I have never looked at a spider the same way again.
  3. I've lots of late nights working on the computer of late, and when I've finished, I have to go downstairs to pack my bag for the next morning. Downstairs, there is a TV set with a DVD player that has two led lights positioned side by side. The stair case is is located so that we you prepare to go back up stairs, you see two red dots.....that looks like eyes... that are staring at you...nuff said.
  4. This one kind of explains itself, but I'm terrified of ruining myself, whether it's being an idiot or engaging in a yelling match with my mom, point is, I'm going to be my most likely COD.
  5. This one is kind of lame, but I've only auditioned once. That one time, I sight-read first, which I suck at. So I failed it. And I knew I was going to get an awful score before I even saw the numbers. I was depressed for a week, and I'm sure my parents were very grateful when I returned to my regular satirical self.
  6. I don't remember the details very well, but I remember a bit about a Taser....that and I remember fearing to leave my bed after the darkness sets in.
  7. See #6, except change the Taser bit to personified animals being skinned alive.
  8. This requires no explantion.
"I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them." ~Bette Midler

The disturbed Night Fury will be returned to it's cell at the mental ward at this time. Thank you for your cooperation.

No comments:

Post a Comment